Find Earth Friendly Goodies
We like friends - Subscribe to Earth Friendly Goodies and come back soon!
Hey We’re on Facebook!
Real Foodie News
- Gluten Free Pancakes: A Rather Seedy Grain Free Pancake Recipe
- Orange Oil Termite Treatment A Safe Effective Alternative to Fumigation
- Try a Cup of Elderberry Tea for Colds and Flu
- How to Make Raw Medicinal Honey with Ginger and Rosehips
- Super Simple Melt in Your Mouth Natural Custard Recipe
- What is Oil Pulling? Benefits of Oil Pulling with Coconut Oil or Sesame Oil
- Benefits of Garlic: Good Medicine from Dr. Earth?
- How to Make Orange Vinegar a Simple Homemade All Purpose Cleaner
- Dear Paco Underhill: Not Why We Buy But Should We Buy
- How To Make Miso the Traditional Way
- Andrew on Zen Beautiful Fair Trade Organic Yoga Clothes
- Renato Ralls on Gluten Free Pancakes: A Rather Seedy Grain Free Pancake Recipe
- Micheal on Are You Looking for a Natural Kids Toothpaste Your Children Will Love?
- Mary @ Fit and Fed on How to Make Raw Medicinal Honey with Ginger and Rosehips
- Micheal on Try a Cup of Elderberry Tea for Colds and Flu
Category Archives: Real Food Recipes
I have to say I’m still a kid at heart because I love pancakes (especially with lots of real butter and fresh whipped cream). Do you love pancakes too but have given up on them because you’ve gone grain free? Give your taste buds some love again with this interesting take on gluten free pancakes. I must admit I haven’t gone grain free just yet but I do love trying new kitchen experiments. … Continue Reading
Perhaps the hardest thing about learning how to make miso is simply obtaining all the ingredients and equipment. Soybeans are pretty easy just load up your square foot garden and you are all set. However, if you are like me, you probably fruitlessly looked all over several local health food stores searching for koji. This is the one ingredient you will probably need to order online from a specialty website. How to make … Continue Reading
Every once in awhile you make a meal that just works, it is easy to make and everyone loves it. (if you have kids or a picky spouse that instance can be quite rare and always treasured). That was the case with this potatoes and scrambled eggs recipe. Just this past Christmas Santa’s little elves came up with a winner and granted my wish with the book Nourishing Traditions. If you haven’t heard … Continue Reading
Making yogurt at home is an amazingly simple, inexpensive, and fun thing to do on a hot summer night. Some people use thermometers, special double boiler pots or fancy yogurt heaters, but not me. Who says there aren’t advantages to living in the desert? I used just two ingredients: 1 quart of whole milk (for a creamier yogurt), and 1 tablespoon of plain yogurt from the store. It really is easy-just make sure … Continue Reading
Spring is still calling… very softly for those of us up north, but when that warm sun teases me through the window I start to get in the mood to play in some dirt and try my hand at growing some nice healthy weeds along with my spinach and basil. Last year I had discovered Square Foot Gardening one of the best selling garden books on Amazon and at the time had noticed … Continue Reading
A Healthy Whole Wheat Banana Bread Recipe with a Mango Twist and Ginger Surprise Sometimes the best recipe experiments are a result of ingredients that have to be used up before they go bad – that works especially well for a banana bread recipe since you need super ripe bananas – what better way to use up those brown skin beauties. Well this time I not only had a few very ripe bananas … Continue Reading
I went to a local fermentation meetup group about a year ago, eager to learn more about how to make kombucha tea at home, and in the process I stumbled across a “new” (at least to me) type of fermented drink called water kefir. Water kefir has actually been around for thousands of years and goes by many different names including Japanese water crystals. The girl who had brewed this tasty lightly carbonated … Continue Reading
Today must have been the day of the coconut because as chance would have it I discovered a good article on the healing properties of coconut oil and soon after a new highly reviewed shredded organic coconut made by Let’s Do Organic. (Certified USDA organic; vegetarian/vegan; sulfite-free, unsweetened, 100%-natural, finely shredded dehydrated coconut – yum yum!) Which led me to the idea for this Natural Health Goodies recipe… how to make coconut milk. … Continue Reading